Best Satellite Internet Provider | Viasat vs HughesNet
What comprises Satellite Internet?
Satellite internet is known for providing internet access to users with the help of satellite signals. Moreover, the satellite providers make use of the geostationary satellites revolving around the planet earth. The Internet has become the pivotal thing in connecting people and culture from all over the world. As the Internet finds its newest form of innovations, satellite internet has become way more quintessential in recent times. Consequently, Viasat and HughesNet are the only two leading competitors in the satellite Internet market. So, it’s very usual to compare and analyze these two providers. Let’s start analyzing both the providers on the basis of plans they offer, advantages and disadvantages.
Viasat vs HughesNet: Plans
The Viasat network is robust and they lend top-quality security in the service they offer. Viasat Internet Plans starts from $50 and it goes up to $150 depending on various plans. The simple thing in Viasat is that “ More the money you spend, more the internet speed you can relish”.
Viasat is capable of offering high-speed internet ranging up to 100 Mbps.
Whereas HughesNet could only provide the internet speed ranging up to 25 Mbps
Both the satellite providers come up with the data cap in their plans. Normally data cap is deployed as a data limit up to which the provider can offer the original speed came along with the plan
- Consequently, the Viasat network furnishes the data caps ranging between 35-350 GB
- Whereas, the HughesNet comes up with the data cap between 10-50GB
- There is no doubt that Viasat is expensive, but at the same time it offers internet at sizzling speeds
- On the other hand, HughesNet could do good for families and average data users
- At the end of the day, HughesNet edges past Viasat on the basis of plans and price offered
Viasat and HughesNet plans comparison
Viasat Viasat HughesNet HughesNet Price Speed Price Speed Base plan $50/mo 12 Mbps $59.99/mo 25 Mbps Max plan $150/mo 100 Mbps $129.99/mo 25 Mbps
Viasat vs HughesNet: Speed
Right then we used this example just to convey the amount of difference in speeds among both these providers
Viasat Internet offers astonishing speeds ranging up to 100 Mbps. Another important point to remember is that the Viasat network’s speeds may vary depending on your geographical locations
Even though the HughesNet offers internet at the standard speed of 25 Mbps, it’s impossible to ignore the amazing speeds of Viasat
So on the basis of internet speeds, the Viasat network takes a gigantic leap over HughesNet
|Speeds||12-100 Mbps||25 Mbps|
Viasat vs HughesNet: Installation
Normally the majority of the Viasat plans come along with the free installation option. Moreover, the satellite equipment’s lease will cost you around $9.99 per month coupled with Wi-Fi modem. Additionally, Viasat has another eye catchy option called “Lifetime period”. Now we will only suggest this option to those who are looking for a long term stay with the Viasat network
Whereas HughesNet only offers free installation to those who agree to lease their equipment. The Satellite antenna is the most vital equipment as it can receive signals directly from the space station
Both Viasat and HughesNet provides some exciting deals to the new customers. So both the satellite internet providers share the spoils on the basis of equipment and installation
Viasat vs HughesNet: Customer Service
- When furnishing some details relating to customer service, we found out both the providers are going good on this platform
- Particularly the HughesNet provides maintains its website neat and furnishing the contact number for help
- Other than that you can also reach out the HughesNet customer care team via email and online chat service
- In fact, both Viasat and HughesNet have an online community for any help
- Well-trained technicians might help you in the equipment installation
- Customer service team will allocate a specific timing for the installation process along with the technicians
Which is Better Viasat vs Hughesnet
- Viasat has many more dimensions integrated with it
- Viasat offers home phone service, smart browser, and business class internet
- So apart from being slightly expensive, Viasat doesn’t have many drawbacks in it
- So naturally, the Viasat takes a recognizable lead over HughesNet
- We would suggest Viasat Internet on any occasion.